Event Coordinator: Roy Hill
Team Fee = $250 - Includes: Gear Package, hotel, entry fee for both events, van fuel (1 Singlet, sweatshirt, shorts, shirt); Hotel will be split up among the wrestlers. VAWA Will cover: team entry fee, van fuel, travel for required official and hotel for coaches. Meals will be handled as a group with assistance from parents. Costs TBD individually. The VACW contributed to this team to help reduce the total team costs.
Eligibility: Wrestlers Grades 9-11; Weight classes: 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145,1 52, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285
Why Participate: Wrestlers will be challenged by some of the toughest underclass folkstyle wrestlers from across the country. Team members get 5-8 matches in the weekend.
Cost: Team members must pay a $100 deposit by March 28th. Included in that cost is the Team Registration Fee, VAWA Local/group Transportation, and Gear Package. Additionally, wrestlers should bring cash to cover personal expenses for meals at the event and during travel, self-purchased snacks, and entertainment.
Once you receive your Participation form complete and return it register for the team on this site. Use the Registration Link on this page to pay the deposit and register
(1) Mail any additional fees to: 3449 Robinson Rd, Va Beach, VA 23456
(2) Email a copy of the USAW Athlete Card to
(3) Email a complete USAW Medical Consent Waiver From to
(4) Pay the $100 Deposit with the registration Link on this page
Selection Criteria: Wrestlers earn their spot on the team based upon their placement in the weight class wrestled at the VACW All Virginia Super States March 15, 2020
Use of Alternates: Coaches will ensure that Alternates get an equitable experience. However, we will not compel the wrestler who earned his spot to split "starts" with Alternate. Instead, a coach will organize an equitable number of non-dual matches for Alternates, and Alternates will "start" in duals when the Primary is injured/ill or requests a break (which is not uncommon). The coaching staff has experience supporting Alternates, and it is unlikely that Alternate wrestlers will be disappointed in their experience..
Coaching Staff: Roy Hill Head Coach Hayfield HS a Bronze Certified USAW Coach and is also a member of the VAWA National Team Staff. Roy Hill is the Team Leader and will be responsible for all Administration & Logistics. Contact him with related questions.
Transportation: This team encourages any parent to attend and be part of the group. Coaches will transport the team with vans.
Lodging: All team members are expected to stay at the VAWA designated hotel. Accompanying parents have the option of lodging their wrestler in a team room (VAWA-funded) or reserving a room for themselves (parent cost)
- VAWA will reserve 5 hotel rooms for wrestlers and coaches. Based upon future knowledge of parent/staff travel plans,
- Meals: All meals are not included. Breakfast is free at the hotel. Lunch and Dinner at venue or hotel. The plan is for parents that attend, assist in getting items to eat for the team, making sandwiches, brining in coolers of water etc. We want this to be a family affair for this age group.